Last Update: 22nd March, 2018
Data Collection and Disclosures
We welcome visitors to the Holmes Care Group website without disclosing their information.
We will collect visitor’s personal information when they have provided it to us via enquiry forms, contact forms, telephone calls or email and we would use this information in the following ways:
- To respond to an enquiry or other request whether that enquiry was made via contact forms, enquiry forms, telephone calls or email
- To respond to enquiries that are made on behalf of others as directed
- To send a newsletter if requested
- To provide further information as requested
- To validate a contact as current
- To send you informational and promotional content that you have told us want to receive. You can stop receiving promotional emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in every email
- To respond to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements
Who is collecting your personal information?
When you visit our website and are asked for personal information you are sharing this with Holmes Care Group only unless clearly stated otherwise.
Who will Holmes Care Group, Share Your Information With?
Holmes Care Group will only share / disclose your personal information with other companies within our Group, business partners, government bodies and law enforcement agencies, and suppliers we engage to process information on our behalf. By providing us with your personal information you consent to us using your information in this way.
Personal information is information about you from which you can be identified, such as your name and contact details, this may also include sensitive personal information such as medical information.
In providing you with our services, Holmes Care Group may handle your personal information.
Confidential and Medical information
The confidentiality of your personal information is of paramount concern to Holmes Care Group and we comply with UK data protection law (GDPR) and all the applicable medical confidentiality guidelines issued by professional bodies such as the General Medical Council and the Nursing and Midwifery Council.
Your confidential medical information will only be disclosed to those involved with your treatment or care, or in accordance with UK law and guidelines from professional bodies. If you receive services from Holmes Care Group and that service transfers to a new provider, we may share your personal and confidential medical information with the new provider.
We are committed to keeping your personal information secure. We have put in place physical, electronic and operational procedures intended to safeguard and secure the information we collect. All Holmes Care Group employees have a legal duty to respect the confidentiality of your information, and access to your confidential information is restricted only to those who have a reasonable need to access it.
Information we may hold about you
The information we hold about you may include the following:
- basic details such as name, address, contact details and next of kin
- details of contact we have had with you such as referrals
- details of services you have received
- patient experience feedback and treatment outcome information you provide
- information about complaints and incidents
- notes and reports about your health and any treatment and care you have received or need, including about clinic and hospital visits and medicines administered
- information from customer surveys, competitions and marketing activities
- other information we receive from other sources, including from your use of websites and other digital platforms we operate or the other services we provide, information from business partners, advertising networks, analytics providers, or information provided by other companies who have obtained your permission to share information about you.
When we collect your information
Information about you is collected when:
- you enter into a contract with Holmes Care Group for the provision of care services, and when you use those services
- you submit a query to us, for example by email, telephone or social media, including where you reference Holmes Care Group in a public social media post
- you participate in any marketing activity
We may also collect personal information about you from other people when:
- you are named in an application form or as a dependant under an individual or corporate scheme
- we process an application or claim (where we may carry out credit or fraud checks), or when we obtain medical reports
- we liaise with your family, employer, health professional or other treatment or benefit provider
- we may only share information in this way where you have provided your consent or in circumstances where you are incapable of giving consent, or we are unable or it is not reasonable to seek your permission, or we are required to by law or in accordance with guidance from professional bodies
Holmes Care Group works with other individuals and organisations to provide our services to you, and this may involve them handling your personal information. We ensure that the confidentiality and security of your personal information is protected by contractual restrictions and service monitoring.
We do not share your personal information with anyone outside of Holmes Care Group to use for their own purposes, except:
- when we have your permission
- when we are permitted or obliged to do so by law. For example, we are required to provide information to organisations such as the National Registries (e.g. The Cancer Registry) and to notify the government of certain infectious diseases such as TB and meningitis (but not HIV/Aids)
- to protect the rights, property, or safety of Holmes Care Group, our customers, or others.
- in order to detect, prevent and help with the prosecution of financial crime. For example we may share information with fraud prevention or law enforcement agencies, and other organisations. If we suspect fraudulent activity we may inform the person or organisation who administers or funds your services.
- if there are other exceptional circumstances, and we are unable or it is not appropriate to seek your permission.
Using your information
We use your personal information to provide you with our services, and to improve and extend our services. This may include:
- responding to your queries
- supporting your care
- internal record keeping and administration
- responding to requests where we have a legal or regulatory obligation to do so
- checking the accuracy of information about you, and the quality of your treatment or care, including auditing medical and billing information for insurance claims
- supporting your doctor, nurse, carer or other healthcare professional
- assessing the type and quality of care you have received and any concerns or complaints you raise, so that these can be properly investigated
- using your contact information to send you service related information
- using your contact information to send promotional material about new services, special offers or other information we think you may find interesting (see ‘Keeping You Informed’ below for more information)
- using your contact information to give you an opportunity to complete a customer satisfaction survey
- using your contact information to conduct and analyse market research
We will only keep your personal information for as long as is necessary and in accordance with UK law. You can request the deletion or removal of your personal data where there is no compelling reason for us to continue processing it.
Keeping you informed
Holmes Care Group would like to keep you informed of services that we consider may be of interest to you (via mail, email, phone or SMS). When we collect your information, we will ask you if you would like us to keep you updated in this way. We may use your personal information to:
- decide which services which we think are relevant to you
- decide which media, including social media platforms, would best be utilised to reach the customers who wish to receive marketing materials
- contact you with details of our products and services, including displaying interest-based adverts via social media
If you do not wish to receive marketing information about our products and services, or at any time you change your mind about receiving these messages, please contact the Holmes Care Group Information Governance Team on the details shown below.
If you have any data protection queries, please contact the Holmes Care Group Information Governance team:
Write: GDPR, Holmes Care Group, 228 St Marys Lane, Upminster, Essex, RM14 3DH
You should also contact the Holmes Care Group Information Governance team to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to ask us to correct or remove (where justified) any inaccurate information. We may ask you to provide additional documentation to confirm your identity or, if you are seeking to access personal information of another individual, proof of their consent or your legal right to receive their personal information.
Updating this Privacy Notice
We review and update this notice regularly. The latest copy of this notice and the trading companies that comprise Holmes Care Group Limited can be found on this web page.
Request more Information
Kind words from our residents and their families
Baytree Court is a very relaxed home, pleasant staff and one of the nicest homes I visit, always get a smile. Service users seem happy.
Glenys Newbury - Health Care Community Worker
Almond View Care Home
To all the staff at Almond View - a big thank you for looking after Mum, with such kindness and dedication. Despite living 400 miles away, I always had a good feeling that she was in good hands. When I did visit, the staff without exception, stopped to chat to us even though they were extremely busy. Please accept my heart felt thank you to you all - a real credit to Almond View.
Bankview Care Home
Thank you for the excellent level of care that my father, Frank Boyle, has received. Bankview demonstrated for us the template for a care home and how it should feel and be run. Friendly, welcoming, excellent care levels, length of time staff remain loyal to the home and above all a clear and comforting atmosphere of great leadership.
Barbara and Jan
Social Work Department
Bankview Day care is welcoming and homely, meeting a wide range of needs with well trained staff and individual care for each client.
Bankview Day Care Centre
Bankview Day Care Centre
I understand why mum loves coming to Bank view Day-care it’s a home from home and the activities offered are excellent
Bankview Day Care Centre
The day care centre has made a huge difference to my life. Best thing I ever done, my week was boring now I have days out and shopping trips and good company.
Baytree Court Care Home
We can not thank you enough for all the care, support and attention the staff at Baytree Court have given Marc. The staff have always given their time and support to us on visits which has meant a great deal.
Doreen and Yvonne
Beechwood Care Home
Both mum and I were most impressed with Beechwood and we have decided that is where we would like Dad to come to. You have put both mine and mum's minds at rest knowing that Dad will be looked after.
K Macdonald in memory of my Aunt Jean
I can't exaggerate the admiration I have for the management and staff of Craigielea. I've never experienced so much patience, coaxing, kindness and care. These people share their lives and emotions, laugh and cry and mourn for the people who entrust themselves to care.
Craigielea Care Home
J Ellis in memory of Steve
The staff talked about my best friend being an inspiration to them, despite his illness It made me change my approach with him, instead of being despondent and sad, I spoke with him the way we had always been with each other. The staff saw him as a person.
Craigielea Care Home
My uncle, who is a retired GP, recently visited Dad on a trip over from Canada and commented that Craigielea is one of the best places he has ever seen in his experience of elderly care units. Very homely, calm, relaxing and wonderful staff. Keep up the fantastic work you do!
I am writing to put on record how grateful, I and my family, are for the excellent care George received while in your care. He could not have had more or better care. Please pass on to your staff our appreciation of their kindness, help and caring attention we all received.
From the greeting at my first visit, I felt the genuine care and pride in their work shown by your staff. I cannot praise too highly, all of your caring staff for their dedication. I thank you so much.
Beryl Ford and Family
My mother was placed in this home by Queen's Hospital, Romford, on Gold Standard End of Life care. Consequently, she was only there for a short period of six weeks. During that period she was kept safe, warm and clean and was treated kindly with respect. The patience of the nursing/support staff was outstanding. Everyone from Matron, Admin, Cleaning and Laundry staff was caring, considerate and obliging. True professionalism and quality of care.
Tudy Cannin in memory of Mrs I M Haselgrove
A lovely home with working professional angels. Cannot recommend this enough. My mother was really looked after and her needs were met. They cared, supported, listened and had empathy. The home has beautiful grounds, rooms lovely warm and cosy and always a welcoming helpful face around.Will always be grateful for everything they all did.
Grandholm Care Home
In all my visits I have been most impressed with the Care and Attention shown by all your staff, who are professional and courteous at all times. We are always welcomed with a friendly smile which makes us feel very much part of the home and being involved
Grandholm Care Home
Please accept my sincere congratulations for performance and efficiency of Grandholm Care Home. The home provides a very professional, caring and motivational environment with an abundance of patience and understanding. The home is a credit to your team and one of the best in Aberdeen.